Dewberry offers national expertise to support both public and academic libraries. Our services range from architecture and interior design to all aspects of site and building engineering. We've completed many award-winning libraries throughout the country, assisting clients with modernization and expansion projects as well as new facilities. We've also designed retrofit projects involving adaptive reuse of former office and retail spaces and restored and adapted beautiful historic properties to serve as community libraries.
Our services include community outreach; sustainability planning; and incorporation of the latest advances in technology, security, and library operations. We carefully address building context, respecting and celebrating each site and opportunity. Our library projects have become downtown landmarks, campus gateways, and community destinations.
Our team of library design specialists works closely with clients to create dynamic spaces designed to engage children, teens, and adults.
- Library planning and design
- Master planning/needs assessment
- Facilities program development
- Library interior design
- Specialty interiors
- Mechanical, electrical, and plumbing design
- Structural engineering
- Sustainable design, LEED®-certification
- Landscape architecture
- Fire protection engineering
- Library site, wayfinding, and collection signage
- Security/technology design
- Construction administration and inspection
- Sustainable return on investment