The world’s finite resources influence our business practices and work products, as well as how we support our employees’ passion for the communities where they live and serve. We realize, as do our clients, the need to think about sustainability in all that we do. In order to progress as a sustainable organization, we seek opportunities to leverage our competencies and be known for helping clients deal with the challenges posed by an ever-changing world.
Within our own operations, we identify ways to seek out and implement sustainable practices. We continue to focus on the economic success of our company so that we can allow our people to excel in creating innovative solutions that meet the environmental, economic, and social concerns of our clients.
Our Plan in Action
We have built Dewberry community teams - with advocates at every level - to put our plan into action.
For Our Business Practices
- Maintain and improve sustainable business practices to ensure that Dewberry remains financially strong
- Integrate sustainability into our strategic and operational planning
- Maintain our client-focused business model, to deliver quality and innovative solutions
For Our Clients
- Bring value to our clients’ evolving needs and challenges by creating innovative solutions within their expectations and limited resources
- Include sustainability as a planning and design framework
- Maintain sensitivity to the needs of the community in our work
For Our Communities
- Encourage and recognize our employees in their civic/community service
- As a company, support the communities where we work and live through charitable giving and services
- Find opportunities to encourage sustainable thinking in the communities where we live and work
For Our People
- Hire and retain people who have expertise in and passion for sustainability
- Incorporate sustainability into our professional development programs
- Expect individualism in creating innovative and sustainable solutions
For Our Internal Operations
- Limit our use of resources through efficiency, reuse, and waste reduction
- Drive sustainability in the procurement of our services, supplies, and selection of partners
- Evaluate our business and administrative policies and practices for opportunities to make our work more sustainable